Welcome to Gospel Verse, a personal and lifestyle blog
It was amidst August twenty-fifteen
When I sat before the screen at night,
That at once, a mellow voice,
Gently whispered to me thus:
''Take your pen, a jotter and begin".
I first thought an eerie dream!
The journey I never fare beforehand,
But humbly obeyed divine behest;
That same hour pervades my spirit
With ever-flowing creativity
And later further ventures.
“We lose at most when we choose to find our way outside the Way Himself”@thewellfavored
“Our attention before God matters than mere intention without it. “@thewellfavored
- RestVerse 1 Come, a paradox of what may Intertwined with darkness I lay The burden of life is heavily weighed Ships Pooh-pooh with hatred. Then come the storm- roaring, The land partner with her- quaking, Split, swallow in the belly of pains, My Spirit vanished, drawn to a fane. Is that not where Light resides? Though darkness breaths at all […]
- Special Tribute to Tolulope Arotile (Nigeria’s First Female Combat Pilot): Sunset At SunriseOn a gloomy day, cheerless night! A martial warrior met her rest. Gallant maiden; soldierly, You gave your primes for the nation’s pride– The great dream of tranquility. Fearless before dread and death, You winged on triumph’s fleet You trampled on the foes of your beloved peace Striped with green, crystal white, green; We cherish your memory, evergreen! Your legacy […]
- Sacred ServiceShall we arise aloud To this lamentable wound? Labour with gladness To bear the bounden succour? And rekindle their lamp? Like stray sheep, disarrayed Away from lifesaving grace, They wander in the wilderness With dry Cistern, loveless hope! Having virtues forgotten. Shall we stand vastly? Bid their hunger and thirst The living spring of life? Or illumine their gloominess? Lest […]
- More Than FeelingsAre there feelings?Like unquenchable nature?Or hope of lousy ambience?Mere feelings are flames Could be quenched and tamed.The genuine is not feelingsBut what I hold with care of natural volition,Not apt for juvenile notion. What unseen is faithEntrusted to a true mate,When a deep heart on the boat of lustEvery sound by the shore winds unjust. What mind so long I […]
- In The LightWalking in the realm of light Inside soul bestowed might, The dark kingdom as doom None on its trace can bloom; Yielding to such brings plight. Never is resting, nor peace But in the light never cease; Seekers of the holy command Shall witness the promised land With greater feast release. Many have been casted away, Life outside grace is […]